Your heavy lids lift and you wipe away the sleep. You slowly stretch your limbs out long and let the blood rush through your body. Waking up is sometimes hard and sometimes (if we’re lucky) exhilarating.
What you do right after waking up can be a game changer. While you’ve been sleeping 8 hours, your body has become dehydrated. The first thing you need to do when you wake is drink water. Go one step further by by drinking warm water with lemon. Since your body is already dehydrated, it’s ready to absorb the nutrients of the water and lemon juice concoction.
Make warm lemon water every morning. It will be the best and easiest ritual you can do for your health.
TOP 10 REASONS YOU NEED TO SIP ON WARM LEMON WATER EVERY MORNING
- Lemon juice is a good source of potassium, calcium and magnesium to replenish your electrolytes
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C which helps protect the immune system
- Lemon water helps balance the body’s pH levels. Being alkaline is important to preventing and combating disease and illness
- Lemon juice in the morning helps flush out toxins
- Lemon water aids digestion and promotes elimination
- Lemon water is good dose of needed vitamins to help cure the common cold
- Lemons have potassium that helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- Warm lemon water charges the metabolism and gets it going for the day
- Daily lemon water hydrates the skin and help eliminate acne
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is can reduce cravings and prevent weight gain
If you aren’t convinced this simple drink can change your life, try drinking warm lemon water every day for 7 days and notice how you feel. Don’t be surprised if you pass on caffeine because all you need is a squeeze of lemon.